It doesn’t feel like I got a lot done this week, although I actually accomplished quite a bit.
I finished the flap stitching on the pockets while taking breaks from working on my year-end book-keeping and the business part of my tax return.
I even played a little bit with colour combinations for the patch on the pocket front.
David was busy too.
As well as doing our tax returns, he put a new blade and cutter bar on my board shear. There was a bad moment when I went downstairs to test it and discovered that the foot-operated clamp didn’t work and neither did the right hand bar guide. (Both things had probably been teetering on the edge of functionality. Moving the cutter had been the final straw.) David fixed both things, which included taking an appropriate sized bolt and manufacturing a threaded pin to replace one that was stripped.
Here’s the old blade (wrapped in oiled paper) and cutter bar on the floor of my studio.
They will be screwed to the backing, then taken to the sharpener. The cutter bar, being absolutely straight and right-angled, should present no problem. The blade is curved and the sharpener wants to see it before he makes any commitments. (David is planning to buy a Tormek wet grindstone so he may be able to do the job if the sharpener isn’t willing to take it on.)
And finally, a shot of my finished book-keeping.
Thank goodness that’s over for another year!